Future of KDE Development

Stephan Kulow coolo at kde.org
Tue Feb 15 08:42:27 GMT 2005

Am Dienstag, 15. Februar 2005 07:12 schrieb Cornelius Schumacher:
> Next release after 3.4 will be 3.5. We use the four months till the Qt 4
> release for implementing outstanding features and usability
> improvements, integrating new artwork from kde-look contests, improving
> documentation, completing translations, moving to subversion,
> experimenting with a new build system, but don't do any Qt 4 porting
> yet.
No, we need to do major Qt4 porting _before_ the API is final. Been there,
done that with Qt2 and Qt3 - you say yourself that you need applications
using the library to design a good library and say two paragraphs later that
we shouldn't use Qt4 before it's done. Don't you see the irony yourself?

No one says we will do any kind of kdelibs features beside artwork for KDE 3.5
and yes, KDE 3.5 won't be the KDE release we put the most effort into. But
that's fine.

Greetings, Stephan