Build system (was Re: Future of KDE Development)

Alexander Dymo adymo at mksat.net
Mon Feb 14 22:18:49 GMT 2005

On Monday 14 February 2005 18:02, Guillaume Laurent wrote:
> The current build system is *way* scarier IMHO :-).
I agree too.

> As far as I know, scons is the only build system which also has
> autoconf-like features. bksys adds the all the kde-only bits we need, so
> IMHO it's very much worth a look.
I looked at SConscript you've posted and I'm a bit scaried now.
That file looks as difficult to parse and modify by an IDE as the old
Makefile.am's. God, how I miss the buildsystem that would use
xml files or smth similar that is easy to parse and modify ;)

--
Alexander Dymo
ICST Department, National University of Shipbuilding, Mykolayiv, Ukraine