Build system (was Re: Future of KDE Development)

Peter Rockai (mornfall) mornfall at kalyxo.org
Mon Feb 14 20:05:27 GMT 2005

On Monday 14 February 2005 18:53, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> On Monday 14 February 2005 19:22, Peter Rockai (mornfall) wrote:
> > Icecream works pretty fine out of the box for me with scons. Ccache is
> > more
>
> With scons resetting PATH, this seems pretty hard to believe. Beside that
> scons only has -j - for icecream you want parallel compile jobs, but
> nothing else.
http://seth.kalyxo.org/~mornfall/scons-icecream.png <-- haven't done anything
special to get icecream working, really... sorry i don't have more boxen
right now to demonstrate it really works; as for -j, is there some make flag
i have missed? I was always using -j with make... But if that's not enough, i
suppose special icecream support could be coded for scons, too. As for
resetting PATH, no clue on my side, investigating. But can't see anything
akin to that in the code, right now, really.

> Greetings, Stephan

Yours,
    Peter.
--
Peter Rockai <mornfall()kalyxo!org> {+421907533216}
http://www.kalyxo.org, http://www.kde.org, http://www.debian.org