Build system (was Re: Future of KDE Development)

Stephan Kulow coolo at kde.org
Mon Feb 14 18:56:05 GMT 2005

On Monday 14 February 2005 19:33, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> IMO this is an advantage. Everybody knows makefiles, so everybody will feel
> kind of comfortable. You can still enter make on the command line.
Everybody knows makefiles? Tss, then how come Makefile.ams are most broken
if people are writing own rules?

If you want an argument against cmake: it doesn't provide a full powered
programming language and custom macro languages is what we have now and
no-one understands them.

Greetings, Stephan

Hasiti Lapé Hetep Malu Mир Wolakota Santiphap Irini Peoch
Shanti Vrede Baris Rój Mír Taika Rongo Sulh Py'guapy 평화