kmail

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Tue Feb 8 00:39:29 GMT 2005

On Tuesday 08 February 2005 00:17, Dave Feustel wrote:
> When was the last time, if ever, that kmail
> source code was subjected to a security audit?

Since KMail is Free Software and thus its source code is freely
available we can't answer this question. The only thing I can say is
that I'm not aware of any KDE developer every performing a security
audit of KMail (apart from some potentially dangerous usage of some
dangerous libc functions which was fixed just before KDE 3.1 (?) in all
of KDE).

Is there any particular reason why you ask? Or is it just general
curiosity?

If you discover some security problems then please notify
security at kde.org.

Regards,
Ingo