Debugging KParts

Adam Treat manyoso at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 7 17:01:09 GMT 2005

On Monday 07 February 2005 5:52 am, David Faure wrote:
> OK I should mention that this isn't specific to kparts - any very basic KDE
> app that uses XMLGUI and isn't installed, has this very problem. So it
> would be a "kde.env" or something. Sounds like a nice alternative, but it
> doesn't replace the getting-it-from-Makefile solution IMHO, which has the
> advantage that no user intervention is needed (no beginner who tries
> ./kmyapp will have the idea of creating kde.env by himself/herself).

Well, I sure don't want to be the one to parse the Makefile ;)  Besides, I
figure we could put the documentation for kde.env in the usual places and
assume that folks who can create a 'kmyapp' can find it along with all the
other information they'll need to create a 'kmyapp'.  And again, KDevelop can
create the file as part of our basic KDE app templates.