Missing KServiceType Info

ian geiser geiseri at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 7 13:21:51 GMT 2005

On Monday 07 February 2005 05:57 am, David Faure wrote:
> On Sunday 06 February 2005 20:05, Ian Reinhart Geiser wrote:
> > Greetings,
> >  I am trying to get a list of propties for a given service type using the
> > servicetype info from the KServiceType class.  But for the life of me I
> > cannot figure out where stuff like X-KDE-Library is defined.
>
> As I found out myself the hard way, and documented in the KTrader online
> doc, X-KDE-Library is a bit special because it is published as "Library" in
> the service properties, and not "X-KDE-Library" like one would expect.

Okay, this is interesting, so why is it not found in the KServiceType
properties?

> The answer to "where" is: kservice.cpp
>
> > The other
> > question I  have is why do we bother adding custom values to some service
> > types?
>
> So that we know which type they have.
So why are so many of them missing?  Is this a technical oversight, or other?

> > Its very unclear how this operates since I would think that any KPart
> > should have an X-KDE-Library value, but its not defined.
>
> It's called Library.
So what about Initial Preference, Keywords etc... ?  There are tons of
properties that are available in service desktop files that are defined
nowhere.  Why is this correct?

> > Do we add these buggers automagicly somewhere?  Do we need to update our
> > service type files?
>
> No and no :)
Why, and why? ;)

Cheers