KNewStuff - signed

Stephan Kulow coolo at kde.org
Fri Feb 4 13:02:03 GMT 2005

Am Friday 04 February 2005 13:09 schrieb Andras Mantia:
> So, I'd like to hear the voice of the release dude about this. May we
> put the stuff in kdelibs? Yes, it has new strings (for kdelibs) and new
> functionality, but it was in the release plan. ;-)
You know what I have to answer: features that were in the release plan counted
till wednesday. That day a feature _and_ a message freeze kicked in. From what
I understand this feature won't go out with any beta, so it will be buggy when
released - period. You have to draw a line somewhere and that line passed already
for KDE 3.4.

Josef can claim he was out of touch with the release cycle, but he is subscribed
to kde-cvs-announce just as anyone else with a CVS account. But I once again feel
very awkward having to say no to those that ask while at the same time others
break the build process the day the tagging was planned and claim timezones
differences came suprisingly. I even had to let this in as too many time was already
wasted fixing this before I could tag (while in this time I tried to tag others commited
even more because the tag wasn't there yet and this somehow meant to them that
the freeze didn't mean anything). And as it was among others you, Andras, fixing it
I don't feel I can say no here.

So yes, move it to kdelibs with my blessing.

Greetings, Stephan