DBUS introspection (Was: DCOP interface in kicker broke compatibility?)

Mike Hearn mike-0fRWZmXL7zc at public.gmane.org
Wed Feb 2 19:46:20 GMT 2005

On Wed, 02 Feb 2005 10:12:33 +0100, Waldo Bastian wrote:
>> What would be nice would be if there was a flag for the method that would
>> prevent it from showing up in the list of DCOP methods, but still be
>> possible to call.  Or at least some way of marking parts of the DCOP API as
>> deprecated...though I suppose it's a bit late for such.
>
> Something to keep in mind for the DBUS introspection format.

Why is that better than just marking it as deprecated in the
documentation? They can't be removed until you next do a breaking release,
and hiding them from the list of methods introspection shows would be a
breaking change too. So I guess it'd be purely an advisory flag, but if
you're going to do that why not put all the docs in the introspection data?

thanks -mike