kdenonbeta or kdeplayground?

Waldo Bastian bastian at kde.org
Wed Feb 2 17:16:42 GMT 2005

On Wednesday 02 February 2005 17:23, Benjamin Meyer wrote:
> How is that?  kdereview is really vauge, who looks at it, how long, etc.
> And what will happen in kdereview that wont happen in kdeplayground?

Well, it's a priority thing... if you are looking at new applications e.g. for
adding translations or GUI guidelines you would start looking in kdereview
and only when you are done and really bored would you start looking at the
stuff in kdeplayground. kdereview is a CVS module you may want to add to your
daily-build script, you wouldn't typically do that with kdeplayground.

> The
> README file really doesn't say.  Is there a timeout?  If in kdereview for
> more then two years it is bumped back into kdeplayground?

I would suggest something like everyhing in kdereview for more than a year is
subject to be thrown out again, unless there is a very concrete plan how to
move forward. (e.g. waiting for some specific event to happen (release of
something else) and will then be moved to module XYZ)

Ideally we would have checklists for different kinds of reviews and when an
application has passed them all it can move on. If I had to put a length on
it I would give such process about 4 to 6 months.

> Should we e-mail
> all the kdenonbeta developers asking them to move any open projects?

Yes, but I wanted to wait with that till after 3.4 because it's not really
urgent and the admins have better things to do atm.

Cheers,
Waldo
--
bastian at kde.org   |   Free Novell Linux Desktop 9 Evaluation Download