passive popup in konsole

Charles Samuels charles at kde.org
Tue Feb 1 14:59:56 GMT 2005

On Tue, 1 Feb 2005, Stephan Kulow wrote:

> Am Tuesday 01 February 2005 15:08 schrieb Stephan Binner:
> > On Tuesday 01 February 2005 14:26, Charles Samuels wrote:
> >
> > > Konsole gives a passive popup when a shell exits with non-zero status.
> > > I'd like to disable it by default.  I find it useless and annoying.
> >
> > Why not make the user aware when something unusual happens?

Stephan, Since "login" doesn't tell you if bash exited with an
inappropriate exit code, and hell, even bash won't do the same.

In any case, Stephan, kicker doesn't tell you the exit code of any GUI
apps.  And, furthermore, Stephan, "Exit Code 1" is rather meaningless to
most people, and those that actually do care could just as easily turn it
on if they want.

> Hmm, I find opening a new tab and then closing it with Ctrl-D pretty usual
> for my daily work. Still konsole disagrees and feels like warning me that
> this tab exited with 1 - my usual reaction is in the way of saying "aha!".

Indeed, Stephan, that's my primary reason for disliking it.

good day

-charles