Qt-DBUS (was: KDE4's IPC)

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Mon Dec 26 16:07:50 GMT 2005

On Sunday 25 December 2005 05:30, Thiago Macieira wrote:

> 2) the XML introspection
> - we could generate it from QMetaObject on-the-fly (i.e., upon call to the
> org.freedesktop.DBus.Introspectable interface), but we may also want to
> install the .xml file for other language bindings.

We should probably create our own annotation namespace as well to hint code
generators or user tools what an entry really means.

For example a (ii) in D-BUS notation could be a lot of things, for example a
QSize or QPoint

For user interfaces that work on the introspection format, e.g. something like
kdcop, it would be nice to have additional information, for example that a
QPoint parameter is supposed to be an absolute window position.

Cheers,
Kevin

--
Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer at gmx.at>