kconfig_compiler4

Allen Winter winter at kde.org
Sat Dec 24 14:15:37 GMT 2005

On Thursday 22 December 2005 16:45, Thomas Braxton wrote:
> On Wednesday 21 December 2005 17:16, Allen Winter wrote:
> > Howdy Core Devs,
> >
> > I noticed that ItemInt (among others) typedefs is now deprecated.
> >
> > So, I changed the kmail.kcfg to use Int32's and then when I try
> > to remake I get:
> > kconfig_compiler: ERROR: kconfig_compiler does not support type "Int32"
> >
> > Interestingly, the output file (globalsettings_base.h) does have ItemInt32
> > types.
> >
> > Then further in the make output I see:
> > /misc/shared/kde/trunk/KDE/kdepim/kmail/globalsettings_base.h: In static
> > member function ‘static void
> > GlobalSettingsBase::setReplyLanguagesCount(QString)’:
> > /misc/shared/kde/trunk/KDE/kdepim/kmail/globalsettings_base.h:506: error:
> > ambiguous overload for ‘operator=’ in ‘v = 0’
> >
> > What to do now?  Are there plans to port kconfig_compiler *soon* or do I
> > just ignore the deprecated ItemInt messages for now?
> >
> > Regards,
> > Allen
> You can ignore them for now, I will be porting that in the next few days.

Thomas,

Can you explain why the change?  kconfig_compiler already supported Int64 and UInt64 types
so I don't understand the need for eliminating Int/UInt types.  I think *adding* support for Int32/UInt32
may make some sense, but removing Int/UInt doesn't seem necessary, nor optimal.

Regards,
Allen
--
Let's Keep the Political Talk Out of KDE PLEASE