KDE4's IPC

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Sat Dec 24 16:08:42 GMT 2005

Koos Vriezen wrote:
>Anyhow, point was that "people have to master more API" doesn't really
>apply to application developers (and not using the lowlevel
>send/process/..). I guess that in idl/.h files should also be the
>interface name somewhere.
>
>Koos

The problem I'm facing now is how to define which methods will be exposed
through the DBUS channel.

First of all, I don't see how to set multiple interfaces in the same
object so that they appear to have different methods externally.

Second, I don't see a way of specifying which slots can be called
externally. The bindings allow any slot to be called.

Third, the bindings don't have yet any way of listing the available
methods in an interface. I think all the information we need is already
collected by moc (properties, signals and slots), so it would be possible
to handle that at the binding level and generate the introspection format
on the fly.

I have to investigate further.
    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358

4. And æfter se scieppend ingelogode, he wrát "cenn", ac eala! se
rihtendgesamnung andswarode "cenn: ne wát hú cennan 'eall'. Ástynt."