Slows starting of downloading with KIO

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Mon Dec 19 21:52:18 GMT 2005

On Monday 19 December 2005 23:13, Martijn Klingens wrote:
> In Andras' particular case he's already looking at the file listing
> from kio-ftp. Since a directory listing in FTP is roughly similar to
> ls -l output we can already safely *KNOW* whether the targets of the
> links are files or folders and skip the statting altogether for the
> files.

Exactly. I'm sure in many case the information is already available, it
is just not reused correctly.
But the same problem happens in the case David described. Get my
example, but go one level up and download the whole directory. The
stating still happens.
Stupid question: does a recursive listing require stating in KIO? (I
tried to find, but couldn't at the first try.)

Andras