Slows starting of downloading with KIO

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Mon Dec 19 16:49:52 GMT 2005

Hi,

 I have a complaint as an user and a request to guide me how to solve,
if it is possible. When I want to download let's say 200 files from a
remote sever via FTP, it starts very slowly until the counter in the
dialog counts up to 200. I believe every file is stated before
downloading and this is slow. I've tried on with another application on
another OS and the downloading started almost instantly.
 Can this be avoided or this is a central part of the KIO framework? The
problem is also visible if you try to copy/delete a large folder (like
the KDE svn checkout) on the local disk as well.

Andras