KDE 3.5.1 and 3.6

Gábor Lehel illissius at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 20:25:26 GMT 2005

On 12/7/05, Lubos Lunak <l.lunak at suse.cz> wrote:
> On Monday 05 December 2005 23:23, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> > On Monday 05 December 2005 20:43, Lubos Lunak wrote:
> >
> > >  Just to make this part clear, the big difference comes from the font
> > > patches. These just make a difference. Was there KDE3.6 planned I
> > > wouldn't bother with putting them in 3.5 at all.
> >
> > Ok.
> > Is your patch available somewhere ?
>
>  http://ktown.kde.org/~seli/performance/patches

Well, I just applied these, and (assuming I did so correctly), had the
following problems:
- the splash screen stops at 'restoring session' and just stays there
flashing (I waited half a minute or so before just clicking on it to
make it go away)
- the various services didn't get started, had to go into kcontrol and
start them manually
- stuff in ~/.kde/Autostart didn't get started
might be more, but this is what I've noticed. Otherwise, seems to work.