Showstopper in 3.5

Tobias Koenig tokoe at kde.org
Wed Dec 7 22:14:33 GMT 2005

On Wed, Dec 07, 2005 at 11:31:56AM +0000, Richard Dale wrote:
> On Tuesday 06 December 2005 16:54, Tobias Koenig wrote:
Hi,

> > The last time I had this bug, applying the custom Qt patches helped, but
> > this time also after a recompilation of Qt the bug still exists.
> > The recommended version is Qt 3.3 from qt-copy/3.3 branch, or?
> The KMenu has behaved this way for me for a while (since at least KDE 3.3),
> and I suppose I've got used to it. It is the same in the 3.5 branch.
Hmm, and you never had the idea that something could be wrong? ;)

It seems the bug was in my installation. The apply_patches script
creates a hidden '.qt-copy.applied' file one directory above the source
directory, so when you checkout a new version but don't delete this
file, an additional run of ./apply_patches won't patch anything *grrr*
Could we fix it?

So after removing this file and running apply_patches, the strange kmenu
behaviour should be gone.

Ciao,
Tobias
--
Separate politics from religion and economy!
The Councile of the European Union is an undemocratic and illegal institution!