branches/KDE/3.5/kdelibs/kio/kio

Matthias Wieser mwieser at gmx.de
Tue Dec 6 09:13:17 GMT 2005

Aaron J. Seigo wrote:

> my reaction was impassioned, and that's because i was told 3.5.0 was
> going to ship without the crash and that obviously was not the truth.
> given the impact to our users and how it makes 3.5.0 look, i just can
> not fathom the purpose or point behind that move and even less so your
> defense of it.

The real question is: Why did nobody test KDE 3.5.0 before release and
tell you that Kicker crashes?

Why did neither Suse nor Kubuntu,... test the default installation before
releasing KDE 3.5.0. packages?

Maybe bugs.kde.org needs a special category for showstoppers?
Maybe each subsystem maintainer should give his "I have installed a fresh
svn checkout and everything seems to be OK" before each RC?

Regards,
  Matthias

p.s. keep up the good work!