KDateTime: iteration 5

Benjamin Meyer ben at meyerhome.net
Mon Dec 5 17:22:43 GMT 2005

On Sunday 04 December 2005 1:19 pm, David Jarvie wrote:
> Attached is another revision of the KDateTime header. Again, you can
> download the implementation file at
> http://www.astrojar.org.uk/linux/download/kdatetime.cpp.
>
> I've improved the toString()/fromString() methods and I hope addresses
> people's concerns. '-0000' in the RFC 2822 syntax now translates as UTC,
> but there is bool flag available to enable the caller to detect that
> '-0000' or an unknown time zone name was present, so that applications can
> do special processing if they want to. There is also a
> setFromStringDefault() method to specify what default time specification
> should be used by fromString() for other formats, if no time zone or UTC
> offset has been specified.
>
> I've also added a facility to set a KDateTime as representing a date only,
> not a date/time.
>
> Some of the APIDOX comments have been improved to make things clearer.

Why don't you put it in playground/base?  That way you can work on the tests,
docs, example and as it is improved you have a revision already existing.
Also it is easier for developers to check out and play with.  And you don't
feel pressured to get it perfect this very moment, it will be in svn and when
ready it can go in libs.

-Benjamin Meyer

--
aka icefox