branches/KDE/3.5/kdelibs/kio/kio

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Thu Dec 1 21:47:37 GMT 2005

On Thursday 01 December 2005 14:34, David Faure wrote:
> On Thursday 01 December 2005 22:07, Hamish Rodda wrote:
> > ==9616==    by 0xE5A8B8F: FileSelectorPart::~FileSelectorPart()
> > (fileselector_part.cpp:62)
>
> Deleting this part properly (i.e. before kapp is deleted) is the usual fix
> for this; I think kdevelop is leaking this part currently (well, not really
> since klibloader deletes it, but it's too late then).

and as i said on irc, i believe that working around these issues in app code
is a poor solution. =(

klibloader says "i will clean up for you if you let me"
and kdirlister says "i'm sensitive to when i'm cleaned up"

the latter is an internal  implementation detail that is, for all intents and
purposes, hidden from the app developer's point of view.

--
Aaron J. Seigo