Redefining kdelibs and kdebase

Martin Ellis m.a.ellis at ncl.ac.uk
Sun Aug 28 20:49:08 BST 2005

On Saturday 27 Aug 2005 11:30, Simon Hausmann wrote:
> The idea is to run the file dialog, print dialog, etc. out of process.
> 'Our' implementation of the file dialog can reside in KDE workspace and all
> that is in KDE framework is an interface to launch the dialog. On Unix
> under KDE it could just do a dbus call to kded and fire up the
> out-of-process file dialog.

I feel like there's something obvious here that I'm just not getting...

In Kexi, we currently embed a KFileDialog in a wizard and *remove* some
buttons from the standard box.  There's other examples of this sort of thing
in KOffice.

Can you explain how this sort of thing will be implemented using an
out-of-process KFileDialog?

Martin