Kanagram now in kdereview

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Tue Aug 23 10:14:54 BST 2005

A Dimarts 23 Agost 2005 04:25, Thiago Macieira va escriure:
> Joshua Keel wrote:
> >I have just moved Kanagram, a replacement for KMessedWords into
> >kdereview. Please check it out, let me know what you think, and help
> >me fix bugs. :)
> >
> >We only have a few more days for new features, so please test as soon
> >as possible.
>
> Do you plan to replace the KMessedWords application that is in kdeedu? Or
> just replace it as in "provide a better one"?
What's the difference?

> If you plan to include it in KDE-Edu 3.5, I'm sorry to be blunt, but I
> think you're a month too late. Is Kanagram mentioned in the feature list
> for KDE 3.5?
Is it that difficult to check?
http://developer.kde.org/development-versions/kde-3.5-features.html
Ctrl+F Kanagram
NEW IN KDE: Kanagram - A word game to replace KMessedWords. Joshua Keel
<joshuakeel at gmail.com>

> Besides, the time an app stays in kdereview should be a few weeks at
> least, in order for it to get the necessary fixing, checking,
> translating, documenting, etc. If so, then you won't make the feature
> freeze deadline, which is in 3 days.
I have to agree here, 3 days seems too few, but as Kanagram is already feature
frozen (that is what is the deadline in 3 days), and Kanagram is a nice
improvement over kmessedwords, the existing bugs could be fixed already in
kdeedu as we have until at aprox October to fix. That is the 2/3 weeks you
ask for.

Albert

> However, if your intention isn't to release in the KDE 3.5 main modules,
> but to release separately, you're welcome to request to be moved to
> extragear when your app is deemed "complete enough". It'll probably have
> to wait more than usual in kdereview because we should focus our efforts
> in KDE 3.5 -- the translators will have a specially hard job, as usual.

Renovamos el Correo Yahoo!
Nuevos servicios, más seguridad
http://correo.yahoo.es