kde-games package removal proposal

Leo Savernik l.savernik at aon.at
Mon Aug 22 16:56:11 BST 2005

Am Montag, 22. August 2005 17:12 schrieb tnagyemail-ml at yahoo.fr:
> I am all for removing ksmiletris too, but perhaps you
> are willing to maintain the app (fix the copyright
> headers, use kzoomwindow, use kexthighscores, share
> code with libksirtet like some other kdegames, and
> provide graphics that do not draw a sharp contrast
> with other apps), in this case it would be a good idea
> to leave it where it is for you ?

As I said in another thread, games don't need to be maintained. They're not
mission-critical, and if they have bugs, people simply won't play them.
Otherwise, they provide a big source of fun for a *certain* set of people.
With games, it's not the same issue as with, say, Editors, where you'd
optimally like to have one that can do everything.

Therefore, it is unnecessary to remove any game throughout the lifespan of a
BC series.

mfg
	Leo