kde-games package removal proposal

Stephan Kulow coolo at kde.org
Mon Aug 22 08:41:43 BST 2005

Am Montag, 22. August 2005 08:29 schrieb Andras Mantia:
> > Also worthy of consideration for removal is KSame - same basic problems as
> > above, and obsoleted by Klickety.
> I'm against it. I did not know about Klickety, until now but I checked it
> and I like much *less* than KSame. Other arguments against removal:
> - my wife likes to play with it
> - she saw many kids playing with it in the city library
> - has 1 open bug and 2 open wishes (klickety has also 4 report: 2/2)
>

> If it's about porting to KDE4, I will take care if nobody else does.
Really, we shouldn't have two games of the same game play. The only thing
I see different between ksame and klickety is the animation in ksame. I honestly
don't know why klickety was developed, but now that's there and is definitely more
maintained than ksame, I would go dropping it.

But if you like it, you're of course free to become extragear maintainer for it - it
doesn't have to die for everyone if it's removed out of kdegames. I'm sure we will
find for every application and every feature, at least one user liking it. But we'll
go nowhere if we let KDE be driven by this.

Greetings, Stephan