KDE 4 will sound cool

Rafał Rzepecki divided.mind at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 14:28:00 BST 2005

On Thursday, 18 of August 2005 13:52, Cristian Tibirna wrote:
> > In theory, I will come up with at
> > least two sound themes code-named "Kalaxy" and "System K".
>
> Loose the K! How about "Sounds of the Galaxy" and "Key System".

I like "Key System". But "System K" is also good. The "K" there doesn't sound
intrusive, but rather suggests harsh electronica/industrial theme, as
intended.

"Kalaxy" does sound artificial, but "Sounds of the Galaxy" seems too long, not
catchy at all. How about "Galactic", "Galaktic", "Galactik" or even
"Galaktik"?  I like the last one the most. Also, it goes well with "Plastik"
and "Keramik".

But remember that these are only codenames, we'll have plenty of time to
decide on them before the release. Of course, experience shows that bad names
tend to stick, so maybe it is better to discuss on them early ;-)

That said, I'm delighted to read that there will be something new and cool to
replace current, a bit dated, sound scheme. Even though I don't use system
sounds (If only because I haven't come yet to configuring dmix properly ;).
--
Rafał Rzepecki