apidocs problem

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Thu Aug 11 22:16:15 BST 2005

On Thursday 11 August 2005 22:57, Andras Mantia wrote:
> On Thursday 11 August 2005 23:42, Adriaan de Groot wrote:
> > separate bits and pieces. Surely you've noticed that the navigation
> > of the generated dox pages has improved? At least for people using a
> > browser :)
>
> I never navigated the documentation through a browser as it is much
> easier to use KDevAssitant. Or at least it was. You should try it. ;-)

Maybe. Hey, looks like I even build KDevelop on a nightly basis, so I even
have it (those days that it compiles).

> > > - kio
> >
> > Split up - there is kio/kio/kio.tag, kio/kssl/kssl.tag, ...
>
> So you mean the .tag files are correct and the KDevelop code is broken?

Yes and no. The tag kio/kio.tag is useless, as you have already noticed, since
there's nothing in it. All the content it _used_ to have is in the tag files
in the subdirectories. Now, if KDevelop assumes that tag files can only be
one deep (ie. in kio/ but not in kio/kio/) then the code has bad assumptions,
but isn't broken. Subtle.

> > KDevelop is outside my province -- I'm not sure what they use to
> > generate their dox.
>
> Isn't it doxygen as well?

Yes, but I don't think they use the standard KDE dox-building framework
(that's why the kdevelop dox aren't available via api.kde.org nor
englishbreakfastnetwork.org), so I don't think I've been messing with their
stuff.

--
These are your friends - Adem
    GPG: FEA2 A3FE Adriaan de Groot