Office/ and Utilities/ menu reorganization

Christoph Cullmann cullmann at babylon2k.de
Wed Aug 10 22:42:28 BST 2005

On Wednesday 10 August 2005 22:11, Nicolas Goutte wrote:
> Well, we have already not many new developers. It is already quite a problem
> to appoint a new developer as a new maintainer. So if he needs to know
> additionally how to make a release, then we will not have any volunteer at
> all.
Exactly ;) It's hard enough to actually keep eye on your stuff to keep it maintained, fix bugs,
implement some wishs and more. Why should I need to take care of release schedules, i18n & docs
freezes and all this? I still think the current situation with bundled KDE desktop with applications releases
is a good thing. If the splitting makes probs, that more a issue of the build system, and perhaps for choosing
the new one in KDE 4, there should be an eye on making it easy possible to build parts of the modules on their own,
or to be able to introduce a extragear with "makefiles" per group, to emulate the current modules we have by still
be able to build  each app subdir on it's own.

cu
Christoph

--
Christoph Cullmann
KDE Developer, kde.org Maintainance Team
http://www.babylon2k.de, cullmann at kde.org