[RFC] "Documents Folder" icon in "system:/"

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Wed Aug 10 15:58:21 BST 2005

Kévin:

Kévin Ottens wrote:
> Le Mercredi 10 Août 2005 08:50, James Richard Tyrer a écrit :
>
>>2.  Everything put in the HOME folder is NOT hidden.
>>
>>For example: CrossOver Office adds: "cxoffice", KDE adds "Desktop"
>>
>>Perhaps most of it is supposed to be hidden.  Also, not every app hides
>>the 'hidden' files.
>

> Well, in this case I strongly believe that those applications need to be fixed
> then...

I fully understand you position, I just don't agree with you.

You need to be more realistic.  Yes, this is part of the engineering
mind set.  You can't change the boundary conditions of a problem no
matter how much you would like to.

Also you are ignoring the other "boundary condition".  Some common apps
do NOT hide the hidden files and folders when displaying the contents of
the directory.  Example: Firefox, & CrossOver Office.

> As for Desktop being hidden or not, I tend to think that it shouldn't be
> hidden since users using icons on the Desktop generally tend to store files
> there.

Yes, I agree, Desktop should not be hidden.

--
JRT