[RFC] "Documents Folder" icon in "system:/"

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Wed Aug 10 07:50:49 BST 2005

Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Monday 08 August 2005 10:07, James Richard Tyrer wrote:
>
>> Drive C My Documents My Music My Pictures My Video
>

>> HOME Files Documents Music Photos Video <ETC.>
>

> look at the two hierarchies. one starts with C:/

No, WINE (default) starts with a folder named: "Drive C".

> and one with $HOME. $HOME _is_ "My Documents". we also stuff settings
> in there as well, but hide them.

I hate to go over the same ground again but:

1.  According to what I got from Google:

http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/win_xp_mydocs.htm

<<
By default, the target or actual location of the My Documents folder is
C :\Documents and Settings\ user name \My Documents, where C is the
drive in which Windows is installed ... .

This clearly indicates that you are mistaken.  This corresponds exactly
to what I am suggesting:

	/home/<user_name>/Files

QED :-)

I don't have Windows XP so I can't check to see that it is correct.

2.  Everything put in the HOME folder is NOT hidden.

For example: CrossOver Office adds: "cxoffice", KDE adds "Desktop"

Perhaps most of it is supposed to be hidden.  Also, not every app hides
the 'hidden' files.

--
JRT