KDE4 Patch to allow testing/execution of uninstalled kparts/XMLGUI applications

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau Friedrich.W.H at kossebau.de
Tue Aug 9 11:22:49 BST 2005

Am Dienstag, 9. August 2005 03:17, schrieb David Faure:
> On Monday 08 August 2005 22:52, Hans Meine wrote:
> > Hi!

> Very cool.
>
> > > With shell commands you have to explicitly state that you want to use
> > > the executable of the current directory. I think this security approach
> > > should also be taken here (think e.g. of the libs). Better add a
> > > parameter to state the explicit wish for the usage of the local
> > > settings. Adds some little burden, but so does "./", too. (no free
> > > lunch, isn't there ;)
>
> What's "a parameter" in this context? Do you mean something in the file,
> or a command-line argument?

Command-line argument, in analogy to the "./". So the caller is in control,
and not the writer of the '.krcdirs' file.

Something like "konqueror --rcdirs" (please find a better parameter name).
Perhaps this could be extended to optionally point also to descriptions not
in the cwd, but other: "konqueror --rcdirs somedir". But I have no idea if
optional parameters are able with the current parameter system or whether it
should better point directly to a (not hidden) file.

Regards
Friedrich