Lifted method access modes in KURLDrag and KMultipleDrag

Rafał Rzepecki divided.mind at gmail.com
Sat Aug 6 17:22:00 BST 2005

Is there any good reason why KURLDrag::format() and KURLDrag::encodedData()
are protected? These methods are public in the ancestors. Making them
protected breaks some design patterns, such as 'contains' relationship.

Currently I have worked around the problem by just casting the KURLDrag onto
an ancestor and then calling the method (which is public there). But I feel
this should be corrected. KMultipleDrag also has this problem.

Another thing about KURLDrag is that it lacks setURL() method. QTextDrag,
QUriDrag and QImageDrag all have set*() methods. But one can't use QUriDrag's
method to set the uris, as it bypasses KURLDrag's internals and breaks
things. There should be a method to set the URLs, and the QUriDrag's method
should be overrided not to bypass KURLDrag's internals, or at least set
private to prevent abuse.

I can correct these problems, but I don't have SVN kdelibs installed and have
a slow machine, so it would take ages to compile here, so I'd rather have
someone else fix it or at least help me test the patches I provide, so that
I need not compile the whole kdelibs.

I'm not sure whether these fixed would break the ABI, so as to fix it in
3.5 or rather the trunk.
--
Rafał Rzepecki