Graphviz dependency in Umbrello

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Wed Aug 3 14:41:30 BST 2005

Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
>On Wed, Aug 03, 2005 at 09:34:20AM +0200, Stephan Kulow wrote:
>> > http://www.fsf.org/licensing/licenses/ - Common Public License
>> > Version 1.0 This is a free software license but it is incompatible
>> > with the GPL.
>>
>> Yeah, I would have said the same: you need to revert that change.
>> Calling the tool is fine, but linking to it is definitely not
>
>well, he can still put an exception clause in the copyright headers,
>provided all authors agree. kde is well experienced with such a
>situation, particularly with a certain core library. ;)

All authors of which parts of the code? Would it include the kdelibs
libraries? Or a certain GPL/QPL-licensed core library?

Should this thread move to kde-policies now before it turns into
yet-another-licensing-discussion?

    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358

3. Ac seo woruld wearð geborod, swá se Scieppend cwæð "Gewurde Unix" and
wundor fremede and him "Unix" genemned, þæt is se rihtendgesamnung.