Thoughts on the systray II.

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Thu Apr 28 19:30:11 BST 2005

On Thursday 28 of April 2005 20:17, Martin Köbele wrote:
> Hi,
>
> sorry for stumbling into this discussion. I've to admit that I read only a
> part of the thread. Maybe my question has been answered before.
>
> Would the new systray be compliant with the freedesktop specifications?

 Since it's intended to replace it, it clearly wouldn't. But it can simply
become another fd.o spec (or just become part of the WM spec).

> Or other question: How would the systray icons behave within gnome?

 They'd have to implement support for it as well. Maybe I could implement a
proxy like we have now for the old KDE systray mechanism.

> I experienced problems with the KDE systray icons under gnome.
> Or is that issue already resolved?

 I think they should work fine these days.

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer
SuSE CR, s.r.o.  e-mail: l.lunak at suse.cz , l.lunak at kde.org