Running configure specifically for apidox

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Wed Apr 27 19:21:01 BST 2005

On Tuesday 26 April 2005 09:21, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> Am Montag 25 April 2005 23:08 schrieb Adriaan de Groot:
> > Is this OK to commit? Renaming is fine by me, I'd probably go with
>
> No, it's not. We use other tricks to make apidox work on ktown at all -
> zeroing out DO_NOT_COMPILE is just one more hack to apply without
> having to polute --help. Because without these hacks, you won't come
> as far without having a qt-devel installed as ktown.

OK, fine, then we don't pollute configure and David and I have done what we
can. Let's rephrase the request then:

Can someone who knows what kind of hacks upon hacks are involved with running
configure on ktown also make sure that DO_NOT_COMPILE is ignored (for
instance, in the place noted in the earlier patch) when computing SUBDIRS so
that all apidox are generated and not just the apidox for what
would-have-been-compiled on the server?

Or, since there are already specific hacks to make arts/ kdoctools/ and
libkmid/ apidox in kdelibs, add another specific hack to detect pilot-link
when configuring kdepim on ktown?

I was going to suggest adding a top-level $ALLTOPSUBDIRS that didn't take
DO_NOT_COMPILE into account, but realized that this wouldn't help with
conditional compilation, OS-specific modules, and all the other weirdness in
the system.

Come to think of it, the whole idea of needing a configured builddir to be
able to make apidox is silly, and I can fix it in PIM separately. That has a
forked Doxygen setup anyway.

--
These are your friends - Adem
    GPG: FEA2 A3FE Adriaan de Groot