Running configure specifically for apidox

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Mon Apr 25 22:08:01 BST 2005

The attached patch adds a configure option "--enable-apidox" (not _really_ a
good name, since it's more like "--enable-ignore-do-not-compile-for-apidox"
or "--disable-no-compile"). The purpose here is to make it possible to build
apidox for an entire module _even without the dependencies_ that would
otherwise cause parts of the apidox to be omitted. It does this by just
zeroing out the DO_NOT_COMPILE before writing out the (TOP)SUBDIRS.

Consider ktown. It doesn't have pilot-link installed, so KPilot ends up in
DO_NOT_COMPILE; as a consequence the apidox for KPilot aren't built there
either since the apidox targer uses SUBDIRS which is generated by subtracting
DO_NOT_COMPILE from the available subdirs. This is kind of inconvenient when
the apidox on ktown are supposed to be complete.

One problem I can see with this patch is that it is _possible_ to configure
with --enable-apidox and then run "make" and have the build fail because of
something that would otherwise be DO_NOT_COMPILE. I don't see how to make the
"all" target after such a configure point to apidox instead of the all-am,
though. Hints?

Is this OK to commit? Renaming is fine by me, I'd probably go with
--disable-no-compile in the commit version. It'd improve some of the apidox
immediately (consider again, hosting apidox on ktown or some other server
without every possible dependency of each module installed).

--
These are your friends - Adem
    GPG: FEA2 A3FE Adriaan de Groot