Thoughts on the systray II.

Michael Pyne pynm0001 at comcast.net
Mon Apr 25 19:46:45 BST 2005

On Monday 25 April 2005 10:45 am, Lubos Lunak wrote:
> - Since the icon is not handled by the application but by the applet, the
> application doesn't have any direct control over it.

How would this work with e.g. juk's systray icon?  juk shows its state in the
systray, so it needs to be able to switch the icon for starters.  In
addition, it uses a runtime-generated icon as well.  I believe it also has a
special action if you middle-mouse click on the icon, but I'm not as worried
about that.  I'd very much like for the first two points I noted to not break
though.

Regards,
 - Michael Pyne