-Wl,--as-needed

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Sat Apr 23 23:00:06 BST 2005

   This linker flag, -Wl,--as-needed, is causing some rather major problems
for Kst build.  If it's included, at least with my SuSE 9.2 install, it
completely botches the GSL link and causes our plugins to crash when running.
The only way to remove the flag (which makes it link properly), is to remove
$(all_libraries), but that breaks compile on other platforms.  Does anyone
know if there's a problem with SuSE 9.2's ld or gsl packages?  Or can we come
up with a solution to optionally remove that flag?

   The details of the problem are that with the flag, when I link gslcblas and
gsl into a plugin, it seems to drop gslcblas for no apparent reason.  It's
definitely needed though.  The plugin crashes due to missing symbol when
running it without gslcblas linked in.

--
George Staikos
KDE Developer				http://www.kde.org/