KDE-Docs.org

Frank Karlitschek karlitschek at kde.org
Sun Apr 17 19:05:01 BST 2005

On Sunday 17 April 2005 15:15, Anne-Marie Mahfouf wrote:
> Hi,
>
> after my second coffee this morning i realize who you are. i am not good
> with names at all...
> so this is not a kde server and you would like kde-docs (BTW doc mean
> documentation in my jargon)  to be like kde-apps.
> while kde-apps and kde-look are great, your kde-docs cannot integrate
> KHangMan and KLettres. These are educational programs, the data needs to
> follow strict guidelines. It also needs tests by me to adapt the code to
> the new language. For example the African dialect data I got 2 days ago for
> kLettres needed that I add 2 lines of code.
>
> so it does not answer my server problem and it is not appropriate for my
> programs. It does not mean that no edu app will use it. Please note that i
> only speak here for KLettres and KHangMan whose data are very special.
> it'll be perfectly OK I suppose for kvtml data and we have lots of files
> quite unknown for our users.
>
> annma

Hi Annma,

now i understand.
I think it would be better to host your files on a different server if you
have no use for direct user contributions.

I try to implement a content review system for KDE-Docs.org. But this is far
from finished.

Perhaps ftp.kde.org or download.kde.org would be a solution for you if you
need server space for your files,

Cheers
Frank

--