KDE-Docs.org

Kurt Pfeifle k1pfeifle at gmx.net
Sat Apr 16 19:47:08 BST 2005

On Saturday 16 April 2005 19:30, Rainer Endres wrote:

> Hi
>
> On Saturday 16 April 2005 18:50, Frank Karlitschek wrote:
> >
> > It is a place where KDE user can exchange documents and
> > document-templates, discuss, vote, colaborate and more. The plan is to
> > transform users into contributors.
> >

> A bit misleading domain name :}

kde-hotstuff ?
kde-stuff ?
kde-newstuff ?

> I expected to find KDE documentation there.
>
> Nice idea and good work again. :)

Yes, I think it will quickly be a really great asset for KDE.

Maybe we could even add a "documentation" section ?

Maybe not the docs.kde.org content, but stuff that freely distributable,
but difficult to find, and of general interest to tech-savvy people?
Maybe we could even ask copyright owners for permission to change their
license and offer stuff that isn't freely distributable yet, but is made
so now?  (I am thinking of books in PDF format like "Thinking in C++"
[maybe free already], or the PCL print language specification by HP, or
PostScript Red and Blue Books and PPD-spec by Adobe, or IBM Redbooks,
or ...)

> Thanks
> 	Rainer

Cheers,