How to debug #103713?

Michael Brade brade at kde.org
Thu Apr 14 13:18:32 BST 2005

On Thursday 14 April 2005 07:52, Jens Herden wrote:
> > The slot
> > KNoteEdit::textSuperScript() is called twice and KAction tells me that
> > the button was clicked twice, although I really clicked only once.
>
> This smells like you did connect the signal twice to the same slot?
No, then it would never work correctly. However, it does on some systems
sometimes, seemingly dependent on some configuration.

BTW, I create the action like this:

    m_textSuper = new KToggleAction( i18n("Superscript"), "text_super", 0,
                                     this, SLOT(textSuperScript()),
                                     actions, "format_super" );
    m_textSub = new KToggleAction( i18n("Subscript"), "text_sub", 0,
                                   this, SLOT(textSubScript()),
                                   actions, "format_sub" );

    m_textSuper->setExclusiveGroup( "valign" );
    m_textSub->setExclusiveGroup( "valign" );

When clicking either of them, the slot is called twice -- sometimes. Guess I
will have to delete every single config file one after another and see when
it stops working... :-((

Cheers,
--
Michael Brade;                 KDE Developer, Student of Computer Science
  |-mail: echo brade !#|tr -d "c oh"|s\e\d 's/e/\@/2;s/$/.org/;s/bra/k/2'

KDE 3: The Next Generation in Desktop Experience