ATT: svn.kde.org has been updated

Martijn Klingens klingens at kde.org
Sun Apr 10 15:34:26 BST 2005

On Sunday 10 April 2005 15:09, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> Notice (and give feedback) on the structure of /branches and /trunk.

Apart from Ingo's certificate issue (Ingo: you can accept the cert for this
session only, so you can at least take a look) it looks quite ok, but some
questions:

* has there never been a branch for KDE 1.0 and older releases or is something
   broken there? I have not been around long enough to remember,
   unfortunately :(

* there are some branches that probably don't need to remain, like
    'kde++esken' or 'socket_qt_addon'. I am not the author, but to me
    they look like they can be removed from SVN. (Of course this can be
    done later as well, it doesn't have to become part of the initial
    conversion.)

* likewise there's some stuff in trunk that probably should get moved
    to a subdir 'unmaintained' or so (are kckde, klyx and kmusic still
    active?)

* Since kdeplayground became playground and kdeextragear became
    extragear, why is kdereview not renamed to review? And perhaps
    both playground, review and extragear can be grouped together
    in an extra dir since they basically comprise the three different states
    code can be in.

* is there a reason why stuff like kdekiosk, kdenox, konstruct and koffice
    is not underneath either extragear if it has its own release cycle or
    KDE if it's part of the major releases?

* perhaps rename kdepromo to promo and kdesecurity to security? (what is
    kdesecurity btw?)

So far my first impression. Almost all of this can be done later too with SVN,
but it might make sense to do it now if there's a week to prepare it anyway.

--
Martijn