SVN timing again

Stephan Kulow coolo at kde.org
Sat Apr 9 19:29:40 BST 2005

Am Samstag 09 April 2005 20:19 schrieb Thiago Macieira:
> Stephan Kulow wrote:
> >So my question is: is there demand from kde-core-devel
> >to wait more for Ossi to finish that feature or do you
> >prefer to skip that and go to subversion right away.
>
> Are we going with Subversion server 1.1 or 1.2? Since 1.2 has just been
> released, I have to wonder.
What has this to do with the question I asked? And it's wrong too, there was
a Release Candidate 1 and people are reporting problems with it daily.

> They list the xdelta compression as an improvement on several tasks, such
> as annotating. I think it might be useful to have.
We can update the server at any time. It would require a downtime of less than
half an hour, even if the binary representation of the repo changes. All that
is required is taking a snapshot to another computer, migrate it there, play
it back to svn.kde.org, shutdown svn (here comes the downtime), create a
dump of the changes between the snapshot and HEAD, move the new repository
over the old, update subversion, apply the dump and restart subversion.

> So, that begs the question: has 1.2 been tested?
It's not even released.

Greetings, Stephan