SVN timing again

Oswald Buddenhagen ossi at kde.org
Sat Apr 9 19:19:05 BST 2005

On Sat, Apr 09, 2005 at 08:09:10PM +0200, Michael Buesch wrote:
> Quoting Stephan Kulow <coolo at kde.org>:
> > The only thing holding SVN conversion currently is the
> > fact that we can't track reliably server side moves.
>
> What does that mean?

it means that you will be able to checkout, for example, kdebase/kdm from
2001-10-01 and will get a clean copy. try this today. generally
speaking, this "send a copy request to the cvs admins"-type of moving
files makes a royal mess of any checkout with a past timestamp. not
exactly helpful for those who really want to do some research.