[RFC] KUnitTest library

Zack Rusin zrusin at trolltech.com
Fri Apr 8 14:11:02 BST 2005

On Friday 08 April 2005 09:03, David Faure wrote:
> Contradictory statements IMHO :)
> If you use QObject's introspection then you only have two places
> where to add slotTestForFooBar() : the .cpp and the .h.

See, two places! How can anyone maintain code in two places! ;)
I know, I know, I'd just want it perfect though :)

> Without the introspection

I wanted to get full introspection on a object by just parsing it with
that helper binary :)

> IMHO something like kdebase/kioslave/trash/testrash.*, as a dlopened
> module, and using slot introspection to discover all the test
> methods, would be fine. After all this is about testing Qt/KDE
> code...

Yeah, that's what I thought. Just find test*() methods and call all of
them. I think that's what Ian and Jason wanted to start doing as well.

Zack

--
Errors have been made. Others will be blamed.