[RFC] KUnitTest library

Brad Hards bradh at frogmouth.net
Thu Apr 7 22:05:03 BST 2005

On Thu, 7 Apr 2005 23:10 pm, Hans Oischinger wrote:
> I always thought I was the only one using Zack's kunittest classes :)
You aren't the only one - I'm using it for QCA (hacked to not require KDE).
See kdesupport/qca/unittest/

> What annoys me most about it currently is not the lack of a gui (actually I
> prefer a terminal) but the chaotic mix of my debug out and the test output.
> A GUI would help a lot here.
I don't find that - my tests are silent except on failure. To me, GUI implies
user interaction, but unit tests are supposed to be automated. It might be
useful to add the ability to run just one testcase - I currently have 14,
comprising a few thousand checks, and it takes almost a minute to run the
full set on my laptop.

> Unifying testing in KDE is of course also a good thing. I don't see much
> problems in linking against a library.
I don't see the gain.

Brad