KNewStuff data - ftp?

Christoph Cullmann cullmann at babylon2k.de
Thu Apr 7 19:51:38 BST 2005

On Thursday 07 April 2005 20:29, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > For kate, we'd like to have a public upload as well as a download
> > location that is not part of the www module, and where we can put
> > reviewed and trusted files.
>
> has anyone talked to the owners/admins of the kstuff.org system?
I think a kde global solution using our ftp server + the mirrors would be
better than again relying on external stuff. What if that goes down? Than a
whole kde release using the given servers as default will be broken :/
Would be nicer to have that in our control, btw., a auto-balancing of the
downloads to mirrors would be cool, too ;)

--
Christoph Cullmann
KDE Developer, kde.org Maintainance Team
http://www.babylon2k.de, cullmann at kde.org