[RFC] KUnitTest library

Jeroen Wijnhout Jeroen.Wijnhout at kdemail.net
Thu Apr 7 13:57:53 BST 2005

On Thursday 07 April 2005 01:56 pm, David Faure wrote:
> > I don't think it's weak compared to other tools, in fact I think it
> > stacks rather well against them. Personally I was just never too happy
> > with it. It doesn't make it bad by any means, it just makes it one of
> > the billion things that I wrote and was never fully happy with :)
> > I'm sure you made it substantially better and if you think you'll be
> > able to maintain it, I'd say go for it (put it in kdesdk, or maybe even
> > kdelibs). It would definitely make a lot of sense to have a unit
> > testing library in KDE at some point.
>
> Yes I would really like to have some unit test framework in kdelibs so that
> the unit tests there can all use the same framework.
>
> I haven't tested KUnitTest, but if the lib can be separated from the GUI,
> then let's have the lib in kdelibs and the gui in kdesdk. Would be nice to
> have a non-gui mode for "make check" though.

It is not a problem at all to separate the two. Currently there are two
test-runner classes: KUnitTest::Runner and KUnitTest::RunnerGUI. The Runner
class is non-gui and all you need to run and review tests, therefore suitable
to use in "make check".

best,
Jeroen
--
Kile - an Integrated LaTeX Environment for KDE
http://kile.sourceforge.net