SVN timing

Kevin Puetz puetzk at puetzk.org
Fri Apr 1 03:44:16 BST 2005

Stephan Kulow wrote:

> Am Mittwoch 30 März 2005 17:34 schrieb Charles Samuels:
>> On Wednesday 30 March 2005 4:28, Stephan Kulow wrote:
>> > Why is that? charles@ should work fine
>> I'm a ssh, not a pserver user, though.  I forgot to mention that before.
>>
>> ssh+svn will work fine (presumably), it's if I accidentally use https
>> with my username.
> From what I know, you can change protocols at any time without recheckout.
> You just need to use svn commit with a full URL.

no, not svn commit, but
svn switch --relocate svn+ssh://etc

will rewrite the URL base in your working copy without redoing the checkout
(this is not the same thing as normal svn switch, would would try and
determine diffs to change between tags/branches; --relocate is specifically
for changing between different protocols or mirrors of the same repository)