Migrating Qt Crytpographic Architecture to KDE CVS

Jason Keirstead jason at keirstead.org
Thu Sep 30 16:49:02 BST 2004

On September 30, 2004 12:22 pm, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> KSSL is in KIO. However, KSSL is mostly used by the io-slaves and it's not
> such a good idea to do dialogs in the io-slaves themselves.

That is the whole point of the conversation. There are other places in KDE
that use SSL outside of IO slaves, and right now they need to do their own
certificate handling. So you have either duplicate code everywhere, or you
have different libraries in use doing the same thing.

 - Kopete
 - Konversation
 - *Foo* networking app that wants to use SSL

So that code shouldn't be in TCPSlaveBase, but like you said, it needs ui so
it shouldnt go into kdecore either. So no one knows where it goes.

--
There are two major products that came out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX.
We do not believe this to be a coincidence.  ~Jeremy S. Anderson